Total Solutions, Inc. (TSI) is recruiting for a Communications Specialist to work onsite supporting NASA Headquarters (HQ) in Washington, DC. Position is temporary with the possibility of becoming permanent.
- Assist with developing graphics, collateral material, newsletters, communications guides, user guides, training updates, fact sheets, and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
- Provide communication products and services that promote a strong awareness and understanding of the programs, missions, and activities of NASA HQ and NASA. These products and services are distributed through numerous types of multimedia vehicles.
- Assist with planning communications strategy and the successful execution of that strategy.
- Assist with developing consistent, clear, and timely outreach messages for Agency-wide dissemination.
- Communicate very well with a diverse range of people, both face-to-face and in writing.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal communication skills
- Communications skills:
- The ability to effectively write
- The ability to effectively read and edit
- The ability to compile information in a logical sequence and construct written materials that reflect that sequence of events
- Organizational skills:
- Attention to detail
- Flexibility to manage short-term requirements
- Maintain lists of tasks
- Manage records
- Find information
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, Office 365, etc.)
- Strong proficiency in PowerPoint